Follow by Email

Sunday, 11 October 2015

Sheriff of Nottingham

Everyone is still enjoying the game 'Sheriff of Nottingham'. Maybe we all want to try and catch others out, or try new strategies; whatever the motivation, it's still an exciting and intriguing little game. William again played his 'believe me, I won't lie because I'm the youngest'...Grandad tried to be a little more believing of others. Grandma still tried to creep contraband through where possible. Lucy played a more adventurous game, with a little less honesty. Me...well, not sticking to a strategy had it's usual result...

...and lost me the game badly again! This was a close one, with Will's contraband haul just being pipped to the post, with Lucy's hoard of legitimate goods. One round of picking up 4 chickens certainly helped Lucy, especially when the Sheriff didn't believe what was in the sack.

Using the IPad App really helps the game flow nicely. It has a timer for the negotiations, and throws out random comments at particularly pertinent moments during negotiations. Finally, the app keeps track of previous games and scores; always good for remembering just how big the sack was full of contraband! Final comment on the game.

Grandad - I can't lie. (Everybody else laughed)

Grandma - Williams face stops me from calling him a cheat.

Will - it was good and funny.

Lucy - I was lucky with the chicken pick up.

Anthony - trying to be clever doesn't pay, and I'm not letting Grandad shuffle the deck again.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment